Popular Windows Phone Twitter app Aeries has snagged an update today, bringing it up to version 1.2.4.
Included in today's update is a new image viewer, Portuguese language support, improved timeline search, and a number of bug fixes. Here's the full breakdown of what's new in Aeries version 1.2.4:
- New image viewer.
- Caching of user profile to improve data usage.
- Performance fixes for Compose Page Autosuggest.
- Redundant pull to refesh indicator removed from Search results.
- Fix for some rich media items not displaying inline.
- Prefix a timeline search with u: to search users (Let me know if you have any other ideas for power user searches.)
- Fixed a deduplication issue which could cause multiple images to not display.
- Added Portuguese language
- Improved timeline search:
- Prefix a timeline search with u: to search for users.
- Prefix a timeline search with t: to search via time. e.g t: 18:00 will give tweets before 18:00 and t: 18:00 - 18:20 will give tweets posted or retweeted in between 18:00 and 18:20.
With the new image viewer, users simply tap an image to bring it full-screen, then swipe the image away or press the back button to remove it. If you'd like to save or share the image, all it takes is a long press.
Aeries is a relatively new Twitter app on the Windows Phone scene, but we were pretty impressed with it during our hands-on. If you'd like to check it out, you can do so for $4.49 from the store link below.
Thanks to Abhishek for the tip!