Microsoft will roll out a new patch for its strategy game Age of Empires: Castle Siege for Windows Phone, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 on PC and Mobile later today that fixes several bugs. A major content update for the game, Age X, is also in the works.
The game's official blog has posted the change log for the 1.20 patch:
- Fixed the bug where some players found Edward's ability was not working in battle. Edward's dismantle ability will now work consistently in battle.
- Fixed the bug where raiders would occasionally attack the wall instead of going through breaches in walls or cultural buildings. Raiders will now go through breaches.
- Fixed the bug with training scenarios being too easy after defensive changes made in in game. The training scenarios will now correspond to the defensive changes made previously in the game.
- Fixed the bug where a handful of players were exposed to matchmaking while scouting a revenge opponent, or searching for an opponent if their time bucket was up. Players will no longer be exposed to matchmaking in these circumstances.
- Fixed the bug with historical campaigns in game being too easy after adjusting defense in the game. The historical campaigns will now align with the recently adjusted defense.
- Fixed the building listed in the Kievan Rus civilization objective to the correct building: the Palace of Facets.
- Improved game mechanics
- Improved game connection
The new patch will be rolled out starting at 7 p.m. Eastern time (4 p.m. Pacific time) today. As far as the next major update, Microsoft states, "Our team is hard at work on Age X, and we have no further news to share about this at this time."