Microsoft has pushed out yet another large update for its Age of Empires: Castle Siege game, which comes just under a month after its last update. Unlike previous updates there is some new content introduced this time, as well as some changes to the gameplay.
The changelog for version 1.8 includes:
- Gold Starter Pack is now available. It will only be available for 3 days after initial offer.
- The ability to search for players by gamertag has been added.
- The Alliance Messages screen size has been increased.
- Hermann Van Salza's Shield Wall ability will no longer affect siege units.
- Joan's Convert ability will work correctly with John Kourkouas' Terrorize ability.
- When the Terrorize ability stops affecting Infantry squads assigned to Patrol Point, they now properly seek out targets.
- Using Henry V's ability on a building right before it is destroyed will no longer lock out the ability for the rest of battle.
- Spear Infantry no longer takes additional unintended damage from Cavalry.
- Fixed an issue where defending units would sometimes stutter-step when trying to select a target after a castle breach.
- Charles Martel's Taunt ability will no longer make targets immobile.
The update is live now for Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 users as a free download.
Thanks for the tip, bigboss-62!
Download Age of Empires: Castle Siege for Windows Phone (Free/In-app purchases)
Download Age of Empires: Castle Siege for Windows 8.1 (Free/In-app purchases)