Microsoft has released the latest update for its popular free-to-play strategy game Age of Empires: Castle Siege. The new 1.12 version has a number of new additions and changes, including many for its Crown scorekeeping system.
Here's a look at what's new and improved in version 1.12:
- Alliance System - Added Announcement tab in the Alliance Chat. Only Lords and Emperors can create an Announcement.
- Request to Join - Emperors and Lords can now set the Alliance type to be a "Request to Join", and manage join requests in the Announcement tab by accepting or declining.
- Replay - You can now customize your Replay message before sharing a Replay.
- Honor Items - National Flags and some special flags have been added to the Honor items, which can be purchased from the Market.
- Adjusted newly generated Crown amount from 5 to 2.
- Added maximum Crown cap to prevent players from losing excessive amounts of Crowns in a single battle.
- Changed the way we compare attacker and defender crowns to be more accurate across a greater spectrum of crown totals.
- Attacking opponents close to your own Crown count now awards more Crowns than before. Similarly, attacking opponents with much fewer Crowns than you will award fewer Crowns.
- Before, gold was collected multiple times a day, depending on when the roads were completed. Daily gold can now be collected all at once each day.
- Tutorial has been improved.
- The Daily Gold stat displays the wrong gold total. The received amount of gold has not changed, however. We will be addressing this in Patch 1.13.
- Fixed "Unable to transfer your gold. Reload your Empire" error.
- Fixed a bug where Charles Martel's Taunt ability sometimes did not affect Calvary type units.
- Archers and Longbowmen no longer attack a wall/gate when commanded to attack buildings on the other side of the wall/gate.
- Alliance Chat no longer jumps to the top when an Alliance member donates a troop.
- Fixed a bug where Cathedrals at level 6 would not give stone when damaged/destroyed.
- Donated troop's icon no longer appears in battle if you did not train them back.
- General improvements to usability, stability, crashes and connection errors.
Thanks to Devendra for the tip!
Download Age of Empires: Castle Siege for Windows Phone (Free/In-app purchases)
Download Age of Empires: Castle Siege for Windows 8.1 (Free/In-app purchases)
Download Age of Empires: Castle Siege for Windows 10 (Free/In-app purchases)
Source: Age of Empires blog