Microsoft has updated its action-strategy game Age of Empires: Castle Siege for Windows Phone and Windows 8.1. This update is a relatively minor one with no new content or features, but it does contain some game balance changes and bug fixes.
Here's what players can expect after downloading and installing the new 18.104.22.168 update:
Game balance changes
- Decrease Farm/Mill/Quarry build times to encourage players to upgrade resource collecting buildings.
- Increase storage building health to make them more difficult to snipe.
- Increase damage output of Raiders, Muscovy Knights, and Sviatoslav against storage buildings to balance increased storage building health.
- Increase Peace Treaty lengths to reduce the number of times a player is attacked while away.
- Increase production research tech bonuses from Cathedral Resource.
- Total percentage of resources available to be looted in an attack will decrease as player Age increases to allow players in later ages to save enough resources to make purchases.
- Attacking a player via revenge removes the attacking player's Peace Treaty.
- Viewing unit info for donated units should now display the donated unit's level and stats instead of the player's trained units.
- When a player has donated a relief unit, you will be displayed a message, but nothing will appear in the Alliance chat. These changes should help alleviate the resource issues we have been seeing at higher Ages.
Thanks to Vinit for the tip!
Download Age of Empires: Castle Siege for Windows Phone (Free/In-app purchases)
Download Age of Empires: Castle Siege for Windows 8.1 (Free/In-app purchases)