Microsoft and developer Smoking Gun Interactive will release patch 1.21 for its free-to-play strategy game Age of Empires: Castle Siege on Tuesday, October 4 for Windows Phone and Windows 10 on PC and Mobile. It introduces Age X to the game with lots of updates for its units and structures.
The update will begin rolling out around 1 p.m. Eastern time (10 a.m. Pacific time) on October 4. The 1.21 version will launch Age X, which Microsoft says "will bring a new golden look to your Empire". Age X also brings upgrades to many units and structures:
- The Keep, upgrade cost 14 days- 3,500,000 wood
- Walls; 5 additional walls
- Guard House, upgrade cost 12 days- 1,500,000 stone
- Archer Tower; 1 additional Archer tower, upgrade cost 8 days – 700,000 stone
- Ballista Tower; 1 additional Ballista tower, upgrade cost 12 days – 1,600,000 stone
- Musket Tower; 1 additional Musket tower, upgrade cost 12 days – 1,600,000 stone
- Emplacement, upgrade cost 10 days – 3,200,000 wood
- Barracks, upgrade cost 10 days – 2,400,000 food
- Archery Range, upgrade cost 10 days – 2,400,000 food
- Stable, upgrade cost 10 days – 3,200,000 wood
- Siege Workshop, upgrade cost 10 days -3,200,000 wood
- Caltrops, upgrade cost 10 days – 2,400,000 food
- Fire Traps, upgrade cost 2 days – 500,000 wood
- Engineer Traps, upgrade cost 2 days – 200,000 food
- The following units: Infantry, Spear Infantry, Raider, Ladder Invader, Archer, Short Bow Archer, Cavalry, Battering Ram, Siege Tower, Catapult, Trebuchet, Grenadier
In addition, the game adds the Festival Market boost time with the 1.21 update, which will allow players who buy it "to increase their resources any time they wish". Gold will also be rewarded to players who complete training scenarios, even if they have previously completed them.
League improvements are a part of the update as well
- Leagues will now reward gold to everyone who participates in the league. 1st through 3rd place will still earn a higher prize. The higher league you are in, the more gold you will earn so keep climbing the ranks.
- Adjusted the amount of crowns required for each league. Leagues will now be more competitive.
- As requested from the community, we changed alliance settings so that Emperors and Lords can delete Wonder announcements. Emperors will now also be able to remove the "alliance settings changed" messaging.
Finally, the update fixes a few issues:
- Fixed the bug where a handful of players would get a "purchase failed message" after completing battle or watching a replay. Players will no longer receive this message.
- Fixed the bug where some players were able to revenge each other continuously to gain an advantage in the game. Players will now only be able to revenge an opponent once.
- Fixed the bug where Charles Martel's taunt ability was not working consistently for some players. His ability will now work as intended for all players.
- Fixed the bug where a few players were getting the incorrect language setting after updating the game. The language setting will now be set to the language on the phone.