Confession: big word game fan here. Second confession: had no idea about this game until today, even though it came out October 21st.
AlphaJax is a killer scrabble-type game that allows asynchronus multiplayer turn taking--which basically means you can play other people who also have a Windows Phone. We just took it for a quick spin (playing against our own Rob Alvarado) and left darn impressed with the feature set:
- Facebook & Twitter integration (for sending out invite challenges)
- Challenge anyone in your address book, Twitter, FB or random
- Save screenshot of your game (seriously -->)
- Push notifications + Live Tile (!)
- Chat back and forth
- Can play up to 20 simultaneous games with friends
The game costs $2.99 but we think it's totally worth it so far. Gameplay is smooth, the options are rich and the chat feature is just a bonus. The only downside, we suppose, is that your opponent has to be on a Windows Phone 7 device. We'll try to get a full review up but in the meantime...who wants to play me...