Amazon.com may have accidentally leaked the news that Microsoft plans to launch a 1TB hard drive version of the Xbox One console. The listing showed that the new version would be priced at $399.99 and would go on sale on June 15, which is when the company plans to hold its Xbox media briefing in Los Angeles as part of E3 2015.
While both the price and the launch date have been removed from the listing, it is still live as of this writing with this description:
- The only one where you can play Halo 5: Guardians, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Forza Motorsport 6 this year
- Experience the most advanced multiplayer on Xbox Live
- Quickly switch back-and-forth between games, live TV, and apps
- Store games and media with a 1TB internal hard drive
- Includes a controller with a 3.5mm headset jack, so you can plug in any compatible headset
This listing would also seem to offer more evidence that Microsoft plans to offer a version of the Xbox One controller with a 3.5mm headphone jack as well. Of course, this could just be a placeholder, but we should learn everything when Microsoft holds its Xbox E3 press event in 10 days.