Yes everyone, you read that right. After months of planning and developing, we are excited and proud to deliver our very own, official app. What's more, it is chock full of features, delivering almost every feature of our website in a streamlined, minimalist fashion.
Developed by Jay Bennett, the app has been submitted to the Marketplace and (fingers crossed) it should be live by Monday evening. So, enough chatter, lets hit the features:
- Read homepage, reviews, apps, games or how-to sections
- View comments associated with each article
- Watch videos and view pictures posted in each article
- Full search for any previous articles, including by section
- Search through YouTube videos from the site
- Deep links to the marketplace with articles featuring other apps
- Listen to the latest podcast on your device through the app
- Clean, simple user interface design and great user experience
- Sharing of articles through E-mail, SMS or Twitter
- Full landscape support
- Live tile for the latest headlines
Not too shabby for a v1.0, eh? The app comes in two flavors: the full, premium-experience version is $0.99--no ads, all the features or the free, unlimited "trial" version (same as full version, but has ads and some missing features--unlimited use though).
So check out the vid for the tour and in a few short days, you can be using it too. Feedback is welcomed, so comment away.