We're kicking off a new week with our Newsroom is full swing and Build 2014 well and truly behind us. That said, there's still some news and app updates to cover for you all to remain up-to-date with platform business. We'll catch a few apps and games in today's roundup to kick off the week.
Surfy is a pretty decent alternative web browser to Internet Explorer on Windows Phone. The app was previously re-released late last year, but today we're looking at a new release with some highly requested functionality.
Here's what's new in version 3.8:
- Share link via NFC
- Save Login credentials
- Find on Page
- Voice support for Spanish, Portuguese and Italian
Both the free and the paid versions of Surfy have been updated. Check them out on the Windows Phone Store using the links and QR codes below:
Star Warfare: Alien Invasion 126.96.36.199
This popular fast-paced alien shoot ‘em up game for your Windows Phone 8 device, Star Warfare: Alien Invasion, calls upon players to play the role of a soldier pitted against wave after wave of alien invaders.
The title has been bumped to 188.8.131.52, which includes the following:
- Crash bug on 512M devices fixed
- Arena bug positions fixed
It's a nice update and a game we recommend you try out should you be a fan of said games.
- Star Warfare: Alien Invasion (MB - $)
Odds and ends
Not only have apps and games received rather large updates with change logs to boot. We've been made aware of some minor release, which can be found below:
- Adobe Reader (version 10.4.1.0)
- Asphalt 8: Airborne (version 184.108.40.206)
- Flashlight (version 220.127.116.11)
- Flight Status (version 18.104.22.168)
- HERE Maps (version 3.5.487.8)
- VideoTrimmer (version 22.214.171.124)
Thanks, Matic, for the tip on HERE Maps!