ARK: Survival Evolved for the Xbox One has received a fresh update that adds loads of fun in the form of new tamable and rideable creatures, tools and more. Most notable, the latest update brings the Xbox One version of the survival-centered game up to par with its PC cousin by giving players the ability to tame and ride giant beavers and terror birds (in case the giant kangaroos and dinosaurs weren't already awesome enough).
Additionally, players can now take advantage of some new tools, including handcuffs and grappling hooks. As you'd expect, the grappling hook lets you do a number of things ranging from scaling cliffs to hitching a ride from a flying creature that happens to be passing by. The Handcuffs, on the other hand, allows you to keep your prisoners in check.
Finally, ARK is set to come to a load of new countries this week with Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Singapore, Sweden, Taiwan and Turkey. The latest update adds localization in preparation for that expansion.
Here's the full official breakdown of what's new in the latest ARK: Survival Evolved update for Xbox One:
- DINOS: Tame, Train and Ride the Giant Beaver and the Terror Bird
- TOOLS: Use new tools including the Grappling Hook and the Handcuffs
- TRIBE ALLIANCES (PvE and PvP). Yes, finally, small Tribes can band together against larger ones!
- Approximately 20% performance increase!
- All options exposed for dedicated servers, finally! Even custom lists of Engrams & Dino Multipliers, etc!
- Numerous crash fixes
- Community-contributed Game Localization in 8+ languages — French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese Brazil, Simplified Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Polish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish
ARK is due for a full launch on Xbox One sometime in summer 2016. However, those who want an early look at the game can snag ARK: Survival Evolved as part of the Xbox One Preview Program for $34.99.