Tonight, version v184.108.40.206 for the private beta has gone live and BlackBerry is sharing the full changelog. Let's see what is new.
BBM for Windows Phone v220.127.116.11
- New – Transparent Live Tile
- Fixed – BBM crash when sending a picture > 16MB
- Fixed – Group icon flickers every time a picture or picture comment is added to the group
- Fixed – Personal message really difficult to read on low-res screen
- Fixed – Contacts > Search now brings up the virtual keyboard and focuses input on the search box
- Fixed – Unable to see typing when keyboard is up
- Fixed – Takes almost twenty minutes to send a high quality picture
Known Issues with this build
- Email invite from Windows Phone to BB10 phone shows up with raw HTML
- In a complex chat, word spacing is off in BBM chat
- Right-to-left language input not working within Windows Phone BBM
- WiFi out of coverage Windows Phone doesn't send queued invites/acceptances
Indeed the app feels leaps and bounds faster and smoother than the initial release and it is clear BlackBerry is making solid progress in their new chat app. There is no word on exactly when BBM goes public next week, but we are sure to keep you posted.
If you are signed up for the private beta, you can grab the download now from the Store. For those in the private beta, what do you think of the app after today's update? Let us know in comments.