Since today is a slow news day on Windows Phone 7, many sites are posting this story from Phone Arena, which while interesting, really doesn't say anything new. But we have a feeling that regular folk are construing this to mean somewhere an LG C900 will be available at the end of September to actually purchase.
So far we know
- Europe is getting Windows Phone 7 just ahead of the U.S.
- Ballmer is in France on October 7th for an event
- The Marketplace is not even taking submissions till first week of October
- Microsoft is having their NYC Open House in late October
- Did we mention October yet?
The launch of Windows Phone 7 will be a coordinated effort and we can't see AT&T or LG jumping the gun on Microsoft. However, there is no reason to doubt that the LG C900 will be ready to launch at the end of September, nor do we doubt HTC and Samsung will also have their hardware near finalized at that time either. All of this should be obvious as we are at the tale-end of the WP7 pre-launch.
In other words, Bluetooth SIG + LG ≠ internal-carrier release plans. So some perspective: First week of October = Microsoft unveiling Windows Phone 7, with devices becoming available soon after; November release dates for the U.S.