We first had a glimpse of the British Airways app during Microsoft's Mango Preview Event. Well, it went live in the Marketplace today and looks like for those traveling British Airways, chasing your flights may have gotten a lot easier.
Key features include:
- Instant access to the mobile boarding pass for your next flight from your Windows Phone
- Information about your next flight, including check-in, live departure time and gate numbers (from Heathrow Terminal 5)
- Review all your boarding passes and upcoming flight bookings
- Track the live arrival or departure times for any British Airways flight
- View terminal maps for airports across the world
- You can also check in with your Windows Phone, see worldwide contact numbers and see the latest British Airways travel news.
The app doesn't appear to have the 3D seating view that we saw during the Preview Event and there's no mention of the live tiles (in the works for future updates?). Regardless, the app looks really nice and is likely to come in handy British Airways passengers.
The British Airways app is free and can be found here (opens Zune) at the Marketplace.