At the time, we noted what drivers had been updated, but Microsoft had yet to refresh their Surface Update History page. Microsoft has now done so and following up on that we'll list what is improved and fixed.
As it turns out, the HD Graphics driver should be included in the update as well if you did not receive it earlier in the week.
July 14 Surface Update Changes
- Surface System Aggregator Firmware - Improves the stability of the keyboard when the device resumes from hibernation or connected standby mode.
- Surface Touch - Increases overall stability and addresses issues in touch, pen ink, and barrel button eraser scenarios.
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 - Improves system performance in some applications.
- Surface Pen Settings - Improves the stability of the pen settings and prepares for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller - Improves audio stability.
- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED - Improves audio stability
- Surface Button - Improves device usability while the device is in tablet mode.
- Surface Touch Servicing ML - Increases overall stability and addresses issues in touch, pen ink, and barrel button eraser scenarios.
The update applies to all Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book customers regardless if they are enrolled in the Windows Insider program or not.
Did yesterday's update fix your outstanding issues? Let us know in comments.