It's hard to describe Chimpact 2 Family Tree. It's categorized as a platformer game, but it doesn't feel like any other platformer game I've played. Nevertheless, it's fun and it looks great. What's also cool about it is that you can buy it once, and play it on your Windows and Windows Phone devices. Want to see it in action? Watch our gameplay video with the Lumia 1520 and Surface Pro 3!
- Enhanced 3D graphics include dynamic depth of field and tilt parallax environments!
- Two games modes; Gem Quest and Mini-Game Challenges
- Tag-team feature lets you access new areas of a level by playing as a different character, 6 in all.
- Epic Boss Battles
- Score points to rank up and collect 100 wacky costumes
There are two game modes. In Gem Quest, the goal is to collect as many bananas, gems, and other fruits as you can to unlock the next levels. You jump from vine to vine to proceed through the levels. Pull back on the vines to launch the main character, named Chuck, in the air.
Chuck has three lives per level. Try to avoid hitting snakes, fishes, or birds. Bigger bananas have a time limit. If you take too long, they disappear.
Some levels require certain amount of points to earn keys. You need these keys to unlock the boss levels. In one level, you use Chuck as a pinball. The boss levels aren't too different from what we're used to. Look for the boss' weak points to defeat them.
If you want to play quickly, check out the mini games section. There are several to choose from and they're all very entertaining. My favorite is Pop Party, which requires you to pop balloons and collect fruits.
Chimpact 2 Family Tree costs $1.99. There's no free trial available, but buying it once lets you download the game for your Windows Phone or tablet. Go download it now and let us know what you think!
- Download Chimpact 2 Family Tree for Windows Phone ($1.99)
- Download Chimpact 2 Family Tree for Windows ($1.99)
Thanks for the tip, minhlong3693!