Every weekend, Windows Central streams an Xbox One game or two on Twitch for 1-2 hours and gives out free games to the cool people who join us during the stream. It's like a live podcast, only you also get to watch a game while chatting with our awesome readers and viewers!
Tonight we played two exciting games: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (Xbox One) from Activision and DARIUSBURST: Chronicle Saviours (Steam) from Degica. We even gave out a big mix of Xbox One games as prizes. Read on for game details, prize winners, and full video replays for both games!
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Besiege castles and raid villages in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is a first-person slasher with a focus on multi-player. Featuring competitive online combat that seeks to capture the experience of truly being on a medieval battlefield. Inspired from the intensity and epicness of swordfighting movies such as 300, Gladiator and Braveheart, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare aims to bring that experience to the hands of a gamer.
The game is skill-based and controls like an FPS, but instead of guns and grenades, players are given swords, shields, maces, battleaxes and longbows. Set in a fictional, yet gritty and realistic world, players will fight in fast paced online battles besieging castles, raiding medieval villages and fighting for glory in the arena with up to 24 players.
- Now including over 25 battlefields, up to 24 player online multiplayer, and an all new Horde Mode.
- Deep melee combat system allows you to wield an arsenal of 60+ brutal weapons ranging from broad swords to longbows.
- Switch between the intense combat of first-person to the tactical view of third-person anytime during battle.
- Team tactics and strategy bring players together to batter down gates and assassinate enemy royalty to achieve victory.
- Use a variety of siege weapons ranging from catapults, boiling oil, ballista, battering rams and more.
Watch us play Chivalry to see the only first-person melee combat-focused multiplayer game on Xbox One. Full review coming soon!
- Chivalry – Xbox One – 3.5 GB – $19.99 – Xbox Link
- Chivalry – Windows, Mac, and Linux – $24.99 – Steam Link
DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours
DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours is the latest installment in Taito's DARIUS series of arcade-style shooting games. Blast hordes of alien sea-monsters, and blaze your own trail through branching environments.
- The richest content in the Darius series: all the arcade content from Another Chronicle EX (AC), plus the all-new Chronicle Saviours (CS) Mode.
- Chronicle Mode includes a whopping 3000+ stages that can be unlocked by global players. Each time a world is unlocked by a player on your cabinet*, you get access to it too. Race to save them all!
- CS Mode is a single player story mode with 200+ stages, spanning the entire timeline of DARIUS history. Revisit classic Darius ships and music in this ultimate fan experience!
- 9 playable ships to choose from, including Silver Hawk variants from classic Darius games, and a new CS-exclusive ship. Some ships are equipped with powerful Burst weapons, while others have strong base firepower. Pick the playstyle that suits you best, and use your ship's unique strengths and weaknesses to blast through your enemies.
- Up to 4-player local co-op with unique mechanics like sharable power-ups and Burst weapon combos.
Shoot 'em up fans won't want to miss DARIUSBURST. Watch our stream now and get ready for our upcoming Steam Spotlight review!
- DARIUSBURST – Windows PC – $49.99 – Steam Link (Also available on PlayStation 4 and Vita)
We gave out a total of 10 Xbox One game codes during the livestream:
- 3/4 Home
- Extreme Exorcism
- Goat Simulator: Mmore Goatz Edition
- Rock N' Racing Off-Road DX
- Toto Temple Deluxe
- Yasai Ninja
How to watch Twitch livestreams
What's the best way to experience Twitch? The Twitch website on your PC or Mac web browser. If you don't have or prefer not to use a computer, you can get the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Xbox 360 Twitch apps and watch from the comfort of your couch. Android and iOS both have official and unofficial Twitch apps to choose from as well.
On Windows Phone, you'll have to grab an unofficial app. There are several to choose from, each with different strengths and weaknesses. Only one app lets you search directly for our channel, though. If you use the others you'll have to find and follow us from a web browser first. Read the roundup to learn more!
Want to know what's next for Windows Central's Twitch programming? We stream a different game every Saturday. The stream always starts at the same time: 8pm Central (9pm Eastern, 6pm Pacific, 2am GMT). Over the next few weeks, we'll be streaming the following (schedule not finalized):
- Unmechanical Extended Edition from Grip Games
- Neverwinter from Perfect World Entertainment
- Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate from Koei Tecmo – retail game download!
We hope you'll tune in as often as you can! Set a recurring alarm on your phone so you'll always know when it's time for the stream to start.
The following people won some interesting games.
Goat Simulator: Mmore Goatz Edition
Rock N' Racing Off-Road DX
Toto Temple Deluxe
Tonight's prizes provided by each game's individual developer or publisher. Thanks also to our Twitch stream moderators for keeping the peace and giving away the prizes!