We’ve already called Pinball League: The World of Dr. Pickaxe one of our favorite pinball games for Windows Phone (there really aren’t enough) but the popular title did have a glitch for Windows Phone 8 users, resulting in the game being recently pulled from the Store.
Now the game is back and better than ever with a modest 1.02 update that just came out today...
The update addressed the Windows Phone 8 graphics issue and addresses a few others as well:
- A minor compatibility issue with Windows Phone 8 is fixed
- Lens flare effects for the playfield lights are implemented
- Selectable video resolution for smoother gameplay on 1st generation devices
- Resume in "Tango" (256mb) devices is now supported
- Various performance improvements
- Various fixes
The game always worked well for Windows Phone 7 but we have to admit that with the dual-core CPU on Windows Phone 8 devices and the enhanced GPU, the game is even smoother now, giving us some real good gameplay.
You can watch our video tour that we did a few months ago above and if interested, you can pick it up here for $1.99 with a free trial. We happen to love the pinball, so for us this was a definite purchase.