Previously when we saw the release of the Vimeo for Windows Phone 8 we noticed that it had vanished from the marketplace for Windows Phone 7. Whilst concerned that it was being pulled for the previous version of the OS we did have a hunch it might just be a marketplace glitch.
Turns out our hunch was right and the app is now available to grab and install again from the marketplace.
The Windows Phone 7 version lists itself as being version 1.2 and has the following features:-
- Watch and manage all your existing Vimeo videos
- Watch videos from your Vimeo inbox, Watch Later queue, or videos you have liked
- Easily like, comment on, and add videos to your Watch Later queue
- Discover new and fascinating featured videos
- Quickly search for videos on Vimeo
- Easily upload your footage in HD
- Pause and resume uploads
- Replace existing videos
- Edit titles, descriptions, tags, privacy settings, and credits
- Share via Facebook, Twitter, email, or SMS
- Add videos to your Groups, Channels, and Albums
- Get stats on plays, likes, and comments
Oddly, currently if we hit the web version of the marketplace it’s showing the Windows Phone 8 version and related features. If you hit the links from your Windows Phone 7 device then you’ll get all the platform specific information. More bugs in the Store? We’re sure that this is just a case of the peculiarities of how it propagates through the marketplace.
Currently it isn’t appearing when I search for it in the marketplace but that is likely a temporary issue, you’ll still be able to scan the QR code or hit the link to grab the app. If there are any differences you notice please be sure to let us know if we missed anything.
Download Vimeo from the marketplace here