The US Bank has released a Windows Phone app for customers who own a Cash+ Visa Signature Card to enjoy. The app provides access to apply for and manage said cards, earning up to 5% cash back on selected goodies (whether it be restaurants, department stores, or electronic stores, etc. - two categories are chosen by customers).
Should you complete the application process using the app and have been approved, a temporary virtual card can be loaded onto you Windows Phone. This virtual card can be used every time you shop online. The temporary e-card is available for 30 days, or until the plastic card is activated - whichever comes first.
Here are some benefits outlined in the app description of the US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card:
- U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card: A paperless credit card application. Everything you do is 100% secure.
- INSTANT CREDIT: You will know within minutes if you’re approved, so you can shop online instantly.
- MY U.S. Bank Cash+ Card account: Access and manage your U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card account anywhere, anytime.
For cash back:
- Earn 5% cash back on two categories that you choose like restaurants, department stores, electronic stores…plus many more.
- Earn 2% cash back on gas, groceries or drug stores – choose one.
- Earn 1% cash back on everything else.
There are terms and conditions (as is the case with any card issued by such an establishment), so be sure to read up and do your homework before venturing out with the app and card at hand. As an example, it's stated customers must enrol each quarter into categories of their choice, or all net purchases will earn no more than 1% cash back. Be sure to keep an eye out on how to best use the offers available.
So what about the app itself? It's well presented and appears to be functional enough for customers to manage their card while on the go. Early reviews have given Cash+ Visa Card a relatively high rating.
You can download Cash+ Visa Card from the Windows Phone Store. Thanks, Eric, for the heads up!