It was nearly one month ago when we told you that the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) was working on an official app for Windows Phone users.
Well, that day is upon us those who bank with RBS in the UK can now grab that app for their Windows Phone 7.x and 8 devices.
The app appears to be pretty solid too, meaning this isn’t just a front-end web app but rather delivers some serious functionality:
- View your transaction history for most of your accounts, search for historical transactions on your current accounts and savings accounts
- Get Cash from RBS, NatWest or Tesco cash machines without a debit card
- Send money to RBS Mobile Banking customers that use this app – all you need is their mobile number
- Pay bills or people – by setting up and making your first payment in Online Banking
- Transfer funds between your accounts
- Check your balance and recent transactions
- Find your nearest cash machine or local branch
- Top up your pay as you go mobile phone and up to four others (service not available on the 3 network).
Not too bad and it’s a good sign that we’re seeing more and more official bank apps finally land on Windows Phone after what seems like an eternity of being sidelined.
Pick up the RBS app here in the Windows Phone Store. Thanks, Sabita M., for the tip!