Zinio, a popular digital newstand service, has announced they will launch a Windows Phone 8 app that will be an exclusive for Nokia Windows Phones.
Zinio already has apps for Android, iOS and Windows 8 platforms. The Windows Phone 8 version of the app is expected to debut a new look and feel that is optimized for the smartphone experience.
New features include:
- Reading List – a seamless, up to the minute stream of select articles from trending magazines and full issues from user libraries, available offline and online
- Background downloading – Reading Lists update automatically while on wireless, fetching new articles and magazines
- Personalization features – new preference picker allows users to define the article stream in their Reading List by area of interest
- Windows Phone 8 live tile support, bookmarks, pinning, and more
- Improved text mode support for easy reading on smartphone screens
There was no date mentioned on when the Zinio Windows Phone 8 app will be released. The press release did mention that the app will "be exclusive to Nokia Lumia customers at launch" so hopefully Zinio will be available for all Windows Phone 8 devices shortly after release. It looks like a promising app and service for the Windows Phone platform.