Nokia today announced the Lumia 925, alongside the Lumia 928. The two new flagship Windows Phones (yes - both are high-end mobile operator exclusives) will help the manufacturer continue to push through into the US market, Vodafone (UK, Italy, Spain, Germany) and China Mobile The Lumia 925 will be heading to T-Mobile later this summer and the company has managed to produce something rather magical in an aluminium package.
So what are the specifications and why should you be interested in the latest twist to the Lumia story? You definitely should be. While there's no 41MP camera on-board, we're looking at a similar package to the Lumia 920, which is essentially what Nokia is planning to carry out in the US. You're going to see three flagships on three operators. The Lumia 920 on AT&T, Lumia 928 on Verizon and Lumia 925 with T-Mobile.
The Lumia 925 comes with a dual-core 1.5 GHz chip, 1GB RAM, 4.5-inch AMOLED display, no Xenon flash and no wireless charging built-in, but there are contacts on the rear of the device for a small (and non-intrusive) cover to be attached to take advantage of wireless juice transfer. It's a similar specification sheet to both the Lumia 928 and Lumia 920, each with its own list of strengths and weaknesses.
The good news is consumers shouldn't feel hard done by with any choice as each Lumia flagship will be more than worth the affordable price point. Be sure to remain tuned to Windows Phone Central for more details to come as we continue to crawl along the floor and dig up bits and bobs.
- Networks: GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900, WCDMA, 2100, 1900, 850, 900, LTE 2100, 1800, 2600, 900, 800
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 16 GB user memory (32GB on Vodafone)
- Display: 4.5-inch AMOLED WXGA (1280×768)
- Processor: 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon
- Camera: PureView 8.7-megapixel with OIS, Autofocus, dual LED flash. 2nd camera: HD 1.2MP wide angle
- Size: 129 x 70.6 x 8.5* mm (*volumetric). Weight: 139g
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, BT 3.0, NFC, WLAN a/b/g/n, A-GPS and Glonass, 3.5mm audio connector
- Battery: 2000 mAh
- Audio: -IHF speaker, 2 microphones, HD voice compliant, 3.5mm AV connector