Sprint just sent out press notifications that the HTC 8XT, Sprint’s first Windows Phone 8 device, will go on sale Friday, July 19th for $99 (after a $50 mail in rebate).
The HTC 8XT will feature HTC’s “BoomSound” or in English, "dual front-facing stereo speakers with a dedicated amplifier", expandable storage and a decently sized 4.3” display. The 8XT can be thought of as a new Windows Phone as it is literally the combination of the 8X, 8S and Android HTC One—bringing all the best features to the mix.
Other specifications of the device include:
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 processor with 1.4GHz dual-core CPUs supporting 4G LTE
- 1080p video capture
- 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM memory
- microSD™ memory card slot with support for up to 64GB memory cards,
- Crisp 4.3-inch display,
- Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, GPS support
- Large 1,800mAh lithium-ion battery
- 4G LTE
- 8MP rear camera, 1.6MP front facing camera
Not a bad device for Sprint users who can finally upgrade from the HTC Arrive, which came out well over two years ago.
No word on Samsung's ATIV S Neo, which in form with Samsung looks to be late to the party again.