We already brought you news earlier today that Verizon and Nokia were updating the Lumia 928 with the GDR2 and Amber OS and firmware. While most of those features have been previously reported, Verizon has gone ahead and highlighted the key changes, in case you wanted to know.
The updated info comes via their website where they list the alterations in a PDF file. For your convenience, we’ll republish those key changes below.
NOKIA LUMIA 928 – Software Version 3045.0000.1328.2046
KEY DEVICE ENHANCEMENTS
- Silence your phone easier with Flip to Silence audio feature
- Make assisted calls more easily while roaming in select international destinations
- Select, download and pin music easier with the Xbox Music Experience
- Access song and album information more accurately with the Xbox Music Experience
- Enjoy better web browsing with improved HTML 5 compatibility in Internet Explorer
- Connect with greater stability when using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) apps like Lync and Skype
NEWLY SUPPORTED CAPABILITIES
- Group Text; Note: This feature is off by default, but users can configure via the Messaging application by selecting Settings, Group Text, and changing the toggle to On.
- IMAP for email, CardDAV for contacts and CalDAV for calendar when setting up a Gmail account
- Easily change advanced settings like shutter speed and light exposure on Nokia Pro Camera (Nokia Pro Camera available for download from the Windows Phone Store)
- Updated Display+Touch Setting; Adjust the color profile of your display; Check the time more easily even when the phone is in idle mode with Glance Screen
- View how your phone’s memory is being used and clear temporary files with Storage Check
- Updated audio settings, letting you silence the phone’s ringer just by turning the phone face down
- Improved texting performance and Bluetooth connectivity
Overall that’s a robust set of changes, however it has been noted that FM radio is not on board, presumably due to the hardware not supporting it. Still, we know the group messaging feature is something that a lot of users wanted, most likely more than the FM radio.
How’s the update working for you so far?
Source: Verizon; Thanks, AR2186, for the tip!