Fans of the Darksiders series of action-adventure games have a big reason to celebrate, as publisher Nordic Games has announced Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition for the Xbox One and PlayStaton 4 consoles, for a release sometime this winter.
Originally developed by Vigil Games and released by the now defunct publisher THQ, the two Darksiders games for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Darksiders 2 has the player controlling Death, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he tries to free his brother War who he believes has been wrongfully convicted of destroying mankind. Nordic Games bought the rights to the Darksiders franchise following THQ's shutdown in early 2013.
Here's what will be included in Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition:
- Darksiders 2 with All DLCs included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows*
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics
- Running in native 1080p resolution
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution
The developer behind this new version is Gunfire Games, and most of its team members worked on the original Darksiders titles at Vigil Games. Today's announcement from Nordic also hints that an all-new game in the series is in the works.
Source: Nordic Games