It is not secret that a few companies are now taking on Microsoft's Surface tablet line. While Apple and Google have some alternative competition, Dell and Lenovo look to augment the new genre rather than take away from it.
The site WinFuture.de managed to get their hands on all the details of the new XPS 12 tablet including product shots. The XPS 12 was originally leaked last month, and now more information has been made available. This device is very likely to be announced later this month at Dell World 2015 in Austin, Texas. Windows Central will actually be there to cover the event and get hands-on with all the new devices, but for now here is what you can look forward to!
Dell XPS 12 (9250)
- 12.5-inch 4K Ultra HD Sharp IGZO panel; optional HD version with 1920x1080 display
- Magnesium alloy housing
- 352 ppi, 400 nits brightness
- Dell Active Pen compatible
- Intel Core M Skylake SoC
- M2. SATA SSD with varying storage capacities
- 8MP rear camera; 5 MP front-facing
- Dual-band Gigabit Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1
- Optional LTE
- Two Thunderbolt 3-enabled USB Type-C ports
- SD card reader
- 30-watt-hour battery (no estimate yet on battery duration)
- 790 grams (1.7 lbs)
Additionally, there will be two optional keyboards including one thin one (1.3mm) and a larger full-key version with backlight and a glass trackpad and extra ports (USB Type-C, two USB 3.0, and HDMI out).
Overall, the Dell XPS 12 looks to be quite a killer tablet and computing accessory. More details, including pricing and general availability should be announced later this month. Stay tuned to Windows Central for our coverage of Dell World 2015.