Bungie and Activision scored a big sales hit in September with their long awaited sci-fi shooter Destiny and Wednesday they announced that the first of two planned expansion packs for the game, The Dark Below, will be released for the Xbox One and Xbox 360, among other platforms, on December 9 for $19.99.
Here's a quick bullet point list of what's included in the expansion pack:
- New weapons, armor, and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
- Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
- New story quests and missions - after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
- New cooperative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
- Three new competitive multiplayer arenas - Pantheon - set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors; Skyshock - an old interplanetary defense array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements; The Cauldron - an abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New six-player Raid, Crota's End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
Are you still playing Destiny, and if so, will you be purchasing The Dark Below when it's released?
Source: Destiny website