The official Facebook app for Windows 8.1 received an update over the weekend, introducing a number of new additions to the experience. We last looked at the app back in November when a major update was pushed through. With this most recent release, it's now possible to turn off chat, manage groups, edit privacy on posts and more.
According to the app listing, here's what's new in the latest release:
- Turn off chat
- Narrower margins for snap view to show more content
- Create/join/leave groups
- Black and white high contrast modes
- Edit privacy when editing posts
- Double-tap to zoom photos full res
- Accessibility enhancements
- Bug fixes
While we don't use the app on a regular basis, seeing yet more features added can only be a good thing for frequent users. If you don't yet have the app or haven't received the update, you can grab Facebook for Windows 8.1 from the Windows Store.
Thanks, Guy, for the heads up!