We love when official apps get updated for Windows Phone. It's the sign of a healthy and growing ecosystem. Today Fandango is that official app getting updated on Windows Phone. Fandango is one of the most popular online destinations for buying movie tickets. The app allows you to get movie tickets using your Windows Phone. Let's find out what's new in version 220.127.116.11 of Fandango.
The last update for Fandango on Windows Phone came in mid-May. That was version 1.7 and introduced the following features:
- Our brand new look features enhanced movie pages and theater lists, as well as a new rating system
- Browse Movies: Use our Go Now feature to find movies playing within the hour in your area
- Find movies playing in your local theaters – use our search function, browse alphabetically, or view "Opening This Week" & "Top Box Office" lists
- Discover upcoming movies in our "Advance Tickets" & "Featured" lists
- Watch high-quality trailers, exclusive interviews & cast photos
- Read Fandango fan ratings and reviews, movie tweets and scores from Metacritic
- View the most accurate show times, MPAA ratings, synopses, run times & director & cast lists
If you go into the Windows Phone Store you'll still see the changelog in the apps description. So what's new? Turns out for some people the new look didn't stick in the last update. This looks to be an update to make sure that Fandango looks and works the same for everyone.
Grab the updated version of the app and let us know if it fixes any problems you've had in the app. Also, do let us know if you see anything new. We couldn't find anything that jumped out as us.
P.S. Have you seen Dawn of the Planet of the Apes yet? If not, use this app to get tickets and go see it now. You can thank me later ;)
Thanks for the tip Justin!