Can’t wait to see the new Godzilla or X-Men films coming out later this month? Neither can we, but we might be buying our tickets with the updated Fandango app for Windows Phone. Fandango has had a checkered history on Windows Phone, but it seems like things are looking up so far in 2014. Let’s check out what’s new in this latest update to Fandango.
Head into the Windows Phone Store and you’ll see the Fandango sitting at version 1.7. Here’s what you get with the updated app:
- Our brand new look features enhanced movie pages and theater lists, as well as a new rating system
- Browse Movies: Use our Go Now feature to find movies playing within the hour in your area
- Find movies playing in your local theaters – use our search function, browse alphabetically, or view "Opening This Week" & "Top Box Office" lists
- Discover upcoming movies in our “Advance Tickets” & “Featured” lists
- Watch high-quality trailers, exclusive interviews & cast photos
- Read Fandango fan ratings and reviews, movie tweets and scores from Metacritic
- View the most accurate show times, MPAA ratings, synopses, run times & director & cast lists
Nice to see Fandango for Windows Phone get a little more love. We’re sure a lot of movie fans will appreciate picking up tickets on their Windows Phone with Fandango. We poked around the update and have to admit it’s not too bad. Though the video quality isn’t as nice as we’d like. Plus some Windows Phone features like doublewide Live tiles are still missing.
Download Fandango from the Windows Phone Store.
Thanks for the tip Mike!