Fly on your way like an eagle , Fly as high as the sun
We last mentioned Pirate Cat back in May when it first launched. The game was initially offered for free as an introductory offer and turned out to be quite the mini-hit. The game is similar to a “jumper” where you need to reach a certain height but instead of leaping, your character (an ambitious feline) flies to the moon. You do this by launching your slingshot at birds, collecting their feathers and grabbing power ups along the way. Featuring catchy music and unique graphics, the game quickly won our hearts.
We’re now happy to report that version 1.1 is available in the Marketplace with the following new features and improvements...
- A new power up that allow you to travel back in time
- A additional training mode that detect when a new player is having a hard time with controls
- A dynamic live tile that will display your last score, your best score and your rank
- A More readable and user-friendly ranking screen
- Lot of optimization regarding performance on first generation devices
And in case you didn’t feel like dropping $0.99, there is now a free, ad-supported version as well but with a small bonus: if you play the game and use all 4 of the power ups just once, the game will “automagically” unlock and be completely ad-free. So yeah, just play and enjoy the game and you get to keep it. Huzzah!
The developer tells us that the game was downloaded a massive 20,000 times during its first week and has received some excellent reviews from users. That should tell you how fun this little time-waster could be.