If you're in the market for a free, lightweight RSS reader, here's one you might want to check out. FeedMe does all the usual things you'd expect from an RSS reader. You set up the feed, and it pulls in the stories. But it goes further than that, allowing you to actually search the Web, Yahoo and Google News, search within feeds, Feedster, Live Search, etc.
Here's the full feature list:
- Supports RSS, RDF, and Atom feed formats
- View feed content in full HTML fidelity with pictures
- Supports MP3/WMA podcasts (Also supports streaming WMA)
- Download Manager: Allows you to view the progress of current downloading podcasts
- Downloaded Podcast channel allows you to view all your downloaded podcasts easily
- Today folder, Watch folder (find content with certain keywords)
- Cache all the content for seamless reading experience
- Play all downloaded podcasts in a playlist in Downloaded Podcast channel
- Pick a feed from an OPML file (You can open the OPML file from local device or from a URL)
- Options to automatically download latest episodes of a podcast and purge old files
- Config file auto-save and auto-recovering
It comes pre-loaded with everything you see in the picture on the left, though it was missing the WMExperts feed. Surely that's just an oversight. FeedMe is available on Windows Mobile Pro and Standard phones (.net 3.5 needed), and you can download it here.