Looks like we missed this one as it came out on the 23rd, but Fly Delta, the official app of Delta Airlines for Windows Phone, managed to get a Mango update. That's always a good thing as fast-app switching between this, your email, Bing Maps and OneNote would seem a common theme amongst travelers.
More importantly, it can now track your luggage for you so you always know where it is. Heck, you can even pin your boarding pass to your Start screen. This is part of a services overhaul as Android and the iPhone recently received updates too--that's a good sign that Windows Phone is keeping up with the competition. Full new feature list included the following:
- Track your checked bag like you track a package – even during your flight.
- Pay for bags while checking in and save time at the airport.
- Aircraft details and layouts for Delta’s fleet.
- Expanded airport information including airport maps, transit details, weather and Delta Sky Club locations.
- Support multi-tasking and fast app switching.
- Let you pin your boarding pass to the start screen.
- Open airport maps in Bing maps.
Hopefully it also fixed the frequent crashing (no pun intended) that many people reported with the app on the v1.6 release. Looks like a cool update though, so if you're a Delta traveler, give it a go here in the Marketplace. Thanks, Amir, for the heads up!