Forza Motorsport 6: Apex has picked up its first update, which includes UI and performance fixes. While there isn't an option to unlock the framerate yet — that's said to be coming in a future update — you can now disable Vsync.
Here's what's new, according to the changelog:
- Players can now disable Vsync in Apex (NOTE: This feature requires upgrading to a specific version of Windows 10 [OS Build 10586.318])
- Stability and performance updates spanning a number of machine configurations, with specific focus on AMD devices
- Gameplay/objective modifications to a handful of events in both the Showcase Tour and Spotlight Series
- Improved integration between Apex and Forza Hub, as well as improved redemption flow for the free Nissan GT-R bonus car
- Additional UI fixes and general improvements, including: Expiration times for Spotlight Series events are now shown in local time; "New" UI designation now only applies to events that are actually new; Total medals available in Spotlight Series now only counts for active events
It looks like the update is leading to errors during launch (501 Error Code). If you're facing the issue, there's a fix:
For those users who are seeing the 501 Error Code message, you can bypass this error message by holding the "Page Up" button on your keyboard and then clicking the "Quit" button in the popup. The team is continuing to investigate the root cause of these issues.