FreeCharge (freecharge.in), India's very popular online service for prepaid mobile recharges, postpaid bill payments, DTH recharges and datacard recharges, has just received a major update for their official app on Windows Phone. It's now a native app, instead of a web wrapper. Why is FreeCharge so popular in India? While making the process of recharging convenient, they also make it rewarding by giving away discount coupons from top food joints and popular retailers.
Here are the features listed on the Windows Phone Store:
- Prepaid Mobile recharge for all operators such as Airtel , Vodafone, Reliance, Tata Docomo, Idea, Aircel, BSNL, etc.
- Postpaid mobile bill payments for all operators such as Airtel, Vodafone, Reliance, Tata Docomo, Idea, Loop, BSNL, etc.
- DTH (Television or TV) recharge for all operators such as Tata Sky, Airtel Digital TV, Reliance Big TV, Dish TV, Sun Direct, Videocon d2h, etc.
- Data Card recharge for all operators (Tata Photon, Reliance Netconnect, MTS Mblaze, Vodafone, Airtel, etc.)
- View tariff plans of full talktime, top up, 3G and 2G usage for all major operators for prepaid mobile recharge
- Pay using debit card, credit card or net banking for all leading banks such as State bank of India (SBI), ICICI, HDFC, Axis Bank etc.
- FreeCharge credits for super quick mobile recharge experience. Your money is always in safe hands.
- Use saved cards to make even faster recharges
- View your older recharges and payments to recharge faster
- 100% Secure: all your transactions are 128 bit SSL secured with trust seal from industry leaders such as VeriSign and PCI-DSS.
- Customer support to handle any kind of unexpected issues.
FreeCharge is a free download from the Windows Phone Store. Several reviews have been negative due to complaints of it just being a web wrapper, but the latest update, version 2.0, should make them very happy now.
Do you use FreeCharge in India? Check out the updated Windows Phone app now and let us know what you think in the comments!
Thanks for the tip, Ramanathan!