If you're not familiar with what Good is all about, it's an enterprise messaging service. We've had an app available for Windows Phone since last year, but now we're looking at a large update, which bundles Windows Phone 8 support with a list of improvements and new features. Version 1.8 expands on the foundation already available on the store with more functionality for those who take security rather seriously.
A number of reviews have hit out at some of the annoying issues that plague the user experience. So what's new in version 1.8? As well as support for the latest Windows Phone hardware, there's also the following:
- Secure access to email, calendar and contacts
- Synchronize contacts with native address book
- Conference dialer from calendar event
- Application remote lock and wipe
- Support blocking copy/paste policy
- Office and PDF attachment viewing through third party apps(require enabling importing/exporting policy in GMC)
- Support Exchange and Domino servers
- Support Fast Application Resume
That' quite an improvement and one we believe will address some of the concerns many have had. You can download Good from the Windows Phone Store (works on both Windows Phone 7.x and 8). Thanks, Steve, for the tip!