GoPro is one of the hottest companies out there in the action camera space. You could even argue that they’re the action camera. The Windows Phone GoPro app was teased at CES 2013 and finally launched in May of the same year. An update to the app, this last November, introduced support for the HERO3+ camera. Today we’re getting a very big update to the official GoPro app that will make a lot of you with GoPro cameras very happy. Changelog and details after the break.
GoPro for Windows Phone has been updated to version 188.8.131.52 and introduces the following features:
- NEW View photos and play back videos
- NEW Copy photos and videos* to your phone, then share via email, text, Instagram, Facebook or other app
- NEW Browse and delete files on the camera’s memory card
- NEW Use the GoPro App to wirelessly update your HERO3+ camera software
- NEW Use the GoPro App to wirelessly update your camera Wi-Fi network name and password
- Full remote control of all camera functions
- View the GoPro Photo and Video of the Day
The biggest complain about the GoPro app on Windows Phone version has been addressed with the latest update. You can now view photos and play back videos that you just shot directly on the app. You can also browse and delete files on the memory card inside your GoPro. Furthering the control of your GoPro with the app is the ability to wireless update the software on the HERO3+. Plus tons more!
Huge update for GoPro fans on Windows Phone. What do you think of it? Like it or love it? Is it still missing some features you’d like to see? Sound off below!
Thanks for the tip Keith H!