For those on the Fast Ring of the Insider program for PC and phone, there will always be a few bugs. Tonight, some of those are being addressed via an app update for Microsoft Groove.
Version 3.6.2084.0 of Microsoft Groove should be hitting PCs and phones in the Fast ring (Redstone) in the next few hours. Although there are no new features there are many critical fixes, including:
Groove Music 3.6.2084.0 (Insider Fast Ring only)
- [FIXED] You might not be able to play music via your Groove Music Pass (error 0x8004C029). Thank you for your patience since this was introduced in OS build 14328! We realize how impactful it was and apologize for the inconvenience.
- [FIXED] After signing up for a Groove Music Pass trial, you might have to restart Groove to get the app to recognize your new subscription status.
- [FIXED] On some devices, you may find the text on an artist's details page being cutoff.
- [FIXED] When using narrator, the "Now Playing" list is positioned in an unexpected place when navigating in item mode.
While that is all great to hear, there are still some known issues being taken care of for a later release. Those issues include:
- Hovering over tracks in Now Playing on PC won't show the usual controls - you'll have to right-click on the track to complete those actions.
- Playing music in Groove within 2 minutes after logging into your PC will result in 0xc10100ae playback errors. If you wait more than 2 minutes after logging in to play music in Groove Music, you will avoid this issue.
The update should be live soon so check your Store for updates. Remember, this is only for those on the Fast Ring of the Insider program.