As promised, Microsoft has launched Halo 5: Forge, its free map editor for Halo 5: Guardians, for Windows 10 on the PC. The editor also allows gamers to play in multiplayer matches in those levels. Microsoft has also launched the official Halo news app for Windows 10.
Here's a quick description of Halo 5: Forge for Windows 10:
With Halo 5: Forge, the entire Forge experience from Halo 5: Guardians comes to Windows 10, with support for mouse and keyboard, the ability to host and play custom matches for up to 16 players, and a new content browser that spans platforms. Download new levels from the Forge community created on either Windows 10 or Xbox One. Customize existing maps or create your own from scratch. Halo 5: Forge opens the door to new possibilities in Halo 5: Guardians and beyond.
Be aware that Halo 5: Forge does require at least Windows 10 Anniversary Update to be installed on your PC. Microsoft has announced that it plans to update Halo 5: Forge with a true multiplayer game browser at some point in the future.
Along with the map editor and game, Microsoft has released a new Halo news app for Windows 10:
- FREE access to the latest videos, tutorials, news, and insights from across the Halo universe, including Halo 5: Forge and the soon-to-be-released Halo Wars 2.
- LAUNCH the latest Halo games available on Windows, including Halo 5: Forge and Halo Wars 2 (coming soon).
- FRESH content from 343 Industries, bringing you the latest and most exciting updates and videos available.
- DISCOVER information on future titles as well as Forge maps and modes created by the Halo community
- LEARN tips and tricks for playing a variety of Halo games, including tutorials on building content in Halo 5: Forge or details on how to best use various units in Halo Wars 2 (coming soon).