Halo 5: Guardians will officially launch on Tuesday, October 27 for the Xbox One. However, the day before will see launch events for the game held at all of Microsoft's over 100 retail store locations, along with over 800 Best Buy stores in the US.
"Be one of the first to experience the most dramatic Halo story with free game play starting at 6:00 PM PT/9:00 PM ET. Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians or make a purchase of $25 or more and receive a launch day limited edition poster. We will have food, music, giveaways and much more!
In addition, a number of Microsoft Store locations will have unnamed "special guests to answer all your questions and sign memorabilia". Presumably, these guests will be members of the Xbox and/or 343 Industries development team that created Halo 5:
- Fashion Valley Mall - San Diego, CA
- Metropolis at Metrotown - Burnaby, BC
- NorthPark Center - Dallas, TX
- Park Meadows Mall - Lone Tree, CO
- The Florida Mall - Orlando, FL
- Tysons Corner Center - Tysons Corner, VA
- Westfield Century City - Los Angeles, CA
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre - Toronto, ON
- University Village - Seattle, Washington
- 677 Fifth Avenue - New York, New York
Meanwhile, the 800 Best Buy stores will open at midnight and each will have limited amounts of free swag to give to Halo 5 buyers, including "Halo 5: Guardians draw string bags, Master Chief and Spartan Locke masks, and Best Buy exclusive deluxe art books."
Update: Microsoft has revealed more information on its Microsoft Store launch events for Halo 5 in New York City, Seattle and Los Angeles.