Happy Fourth of July to everybody (and a belated Canada Day, too). We fully intend on spending the rest of the weekend stuffing ourselves with round patties of beef and intestine-cased pork products, all washed down with copious amounts of watered-down fermented beverages.
But if you just have to get your smartphone news on, here's what we'd be working on if we weren't forcing ourselves to have fun:
- Along with the recent update to the Skyfire browser is the implementation of upgrade notifications. Huzzah!
- Canada's Telus is getting the HTC Snap and Touch Pro 2. [Mobilesyrup - via]
- Dear Microsoft: Please, no Windows Mobile commercials from Bobcat Goldthwait. We beg you. [Valleywag]
- Check out all of Microsoft's official Twitter accounts.
- Not sure why you'd want to, but a hack is out at XDA that lets you skin Kinoma Play.
- A new version of SKTools is out. [pocketnow]
- Don't like your Google Voice number? You can swap it for $10. That is, if you've gotten your invite in the first place. :(