Welcome to 2009, everybody. We have some big things planned for this year (you should really really be sure to check in on Saturday, January 4th), but let's take a look back at the year that was rapid-fire style. Here's what y'all liked last year:
- Review: First Impressions of the Xperia X1. First review on the net to get beyond the little things with the X1. Sadly, we're still waiting for a wide release of the X1a here in the US (some lucky folks in California notwithstanding).
- GPS vs. aGPS: A Quick Tutorial. Speaking of firsts, Mal's post on the ins and outs of aGPS finally cleared up what the heck was going on with all that stuff. Sadly, we still have all sorts of GPS issues on Windows Mobile and that's not going to go away anytime soon, but at least now we have a better place to start from.
- Reviews Section. Sure, it's not a story per-se and sure, technically our biggest traffic is (naturally) the front page, but our review section is actually chock-full of awesomeness. Accessories, software, smartphones, you name it, we got it, and we have a pretty decent way of navigating the whole thing. If nothing else, this makes us proud of our writers.
- AT&T Tilt ROM Update. A lot of people have the Tilt, yo, and in its initial incarnation the base ROM was a little slow and a little buggy -- hence the anticipation for this bit of news.
- HTC Touch Diamond vs. Xperia X1, Hands-on. Another first and another sign that, at least for the first half of the year, the slavering desire for all things Xperia was nigh unquenchable.
That's some good stuff right there, but there were plenty of other stories that haven't had half the year to build traffic that we're especially fond of ourselves. If you missed them, we recommend: