The Hike team behind the popular messaging client for Windows Phone has released a substantial update, completely revamping the user experience with a new interface and features to boot. The app itself boasts improved privacy options and solid messaging functionality (which is a bonus considering this is the app's main selling point), but the best part about Hike is that it's absolutely free.
As noted above, the team hasn't just bumped the app (to version 2.6) with a fresh new design. There are a few new implementations we're sure frequent users will enjoy. Here's a full list of changes from the store listing:
- Completely revamped user interface, making it much more easier and simpler to message your close friends. New design for timeline, user profile info page and group info page
- Messaging: hike works even better now on 2G. Bunch of under the hood fixes making messaging even faster.
- Stickers & Chat Themes: A brand new Sports Sticker category and 4 new awesome chat themes!
- Forward to multiple friends: Ever wished to send one particular message, picture or video to many friends at one time? Consider your wish granted :)
- Forwarding made easy: We've redesigned how you forward messages & media to your friends. It's faster, smarter and has a whole new look! Easily share what you love with whom you chat!
- Turn off sending Nudges: Accidentally keep nudging your friends? Don't worry you can now disable double tapping to send nudges.
Not only do we have the above list making its way into the app, but the development team have also included "many bug fixes, performance and stability enhancements". It's definitely worth checking out, especially if you're in the India region since there's free SMS and other perks available.
- Download Hike (free – 10MB)
Thanks to everyone who tipped us!