Setting up macros on your keyboard could revolutionize the way you game, especially in titles that require numerous keystrokes. For you Razer fans, Synapse makes it easy to get started.
Titles such as World of Warcraft require the player to take control of massive amounts of elements, in this case abilities and spells. Having to press around 10 or so keys in quick succession can prove tiring for those who have to remain alert and/or focus on other parts of the gameplay simultaneously.
This is where a macro can come into play and it's easy to get everything configured with Razer's suite.
Setting up your first macro
- Open up Razer Synapse.
Select your connected Razer keyboard.
- Choose the Macros menu header.
- Hit "+" to add a new macro.
- Give your new macro a name.
Choose how you wish the delay between keystrokes to be recorded:
- Record delay — Records delay when recording.
- Default delay — Set delay used between keystrokes.
No delay — Synapse won't have any delay between keystrokes.
- Hit record and activate keys in desired order.
- Select stop when you're done.
Choose the Keyboard menu header.
- Select the key you wish to be used for the macro.
- Select the drop-down menu.
- Change "assign macro" to the one you just created.
- Select the desired playback option.
While you can make full use of your keyboard's dedicated macro keys, you can change any key on your Razer keyboard to be a dedicated macro activator. You can set all the necessary macros in Synapse and then combine the configuration with a dedicated profile for a specific title (like World of Warcraft, for example), which can then not only load up your keyboard settings, but also any macros for the MMORPG.
More Razer Synapse resources
Interested to learn more about Razer's Synapse suite? We've got you covered with some other handy guides to get you started.