No surprises here, folks, just good news confirming what we all knew: Sprint will, in fact, be the first US carrier to officially carry the new hotness from HTC. Coming up first is the HTC Diamond in “September” for $249.99 after $100 mail-in rebate and a 2 year contract (we still expect it next week). That same contract and rebate also applies to the Touch Pro, which will clock in at $299.99 afterwards and be available October 19th.
So yeah, exactly what we were expecting, but good to see there wont be an surprises. Although we all know exactly what the specs and looks of the Diamond will be (thanks, Telus!), the Pro's CDMA flavor has been a little cagier. No more:
- 4.01“ x 2” x .71“
- 2.8 inch display with 640 x 480 resolution
- 512 MB ROM, 288 MB RAM (ships with a 1gb microSD card too)
- 1340mAh battery good for 3.75 hours of talk time
- 3.2 Megapixel camera with flash
- Included software is all the usual suspects: TouchFLO 3D, Office, Sprint Navigation, Opera 9.5, etc. One new bit: a business card scanner.
WMExperts is at CTIA today, assuming either Sprint or HTC has these mamma-jammas on the floor, we'll bring you the hands-on.