HTC's Flash-based site, http://www.htctouch.com/, shows off the new UI goodness. The key point seems to be that it can easily detect sweeps of your finger and that it can tell the difference between a stylus and a fingertip and adapt accordingly. HTC calls it TouchFlo and we call it "not quite as good as the iPhone" - this doesn't appear to be geniune multitouch, my friends.
Nevertheless, the new UI they've slapped on top of Windows Mobile 6 is very lickable - it basically takes the idea of SPB Mobile Shell a few steps forward.
- Dimensions: 99.9mm (L) x 58mm (W) x 13.9mm (T)
- Weight: 112g with battery
- 1GB microSD storage card included / 64MB RAM, 128MB ROM
- 2.8" LCD touch screen with backlight, 240 x 320 dots resolution with 65,536 colours
- Battery Life: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery with a capacity of 1100 mAh
- Standby time: Up to 200 / Talk time: Up to 5 hours
- Camera: 2.0 mega-pixel CMOS colour camera
- Windows Mobile 6® Professional with Direct Push Email and HTML email support
- Wireless Connectivity: GSM/GPRS/EDGE Tri-band: 900, 1800,1900, Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g and Bluetooth® 2.0
- Choice of two colors at launch - elegant soft black or alluring wasabi green
Alluring wasabi green, eh? Spicy! It's available in the UK now and should hit the US a bit later. Check out more photos of the Touch after the break. Be sure to head over to http://www.htctouch.com/ and click "Want" -- they're giving one away.
Read: Press Release
Update: Check out the unwired's video of the interface.