Avalanche Studios and Square Enix will release Mech Land Assault, the second of three planned DLC packs for its open world action game Just Cause 3. It will be available for the games's Expansion Pass Holders on June 3 for the Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4, and all of the game's other owners on June 10.
The expansion will take place on an all new island, according to the game's Facebook page:
MECH LAND ASSAULT takes Rico Rodriguez to the new island of Lacrima, home to an abandoned eDen research base and a prison camp run by the mysterious Black Hand. Defended by huge powerful Mechs, Rico will need the new Bavarium Power Core rifle to disable their shields and hijack them. Once inside, Rico can use their powerful cannons and the GRIP Gravity Guns to hurl and smash the enemy into pieces.
Here's what players can look forward to doing in the expansion pack
- Pilot two types of powerful Mech and drive them anywhere in Medici.
- Unleash the Mech's Gravitational Remote Influence Projector or "GRIP" to attract and hurl objects at your enemies.
- Jump and smash helicopters from the sky or ground pound tanks with the GRIPS's "Force Pulse" attack.
- Prove your skills and earn upgrades in Mech arena challenges.
- Call in a Rebel Mech buddy for extra firepower when the going gets tough.
- Includes a powerful new energy weapon, the Bavarium Power Core rifle.
The Expansion Pass, which offers access to all three of Just Cause 3's DLC releases, costs $24.99, wile the Mech Land Assault pack costs $11.99 on its own.