Looks like that LG Panther (GW910) is getting around these days. 'Innovative Singapore' received not one but two of the prototype devices to actually start developing their WP7 software. If you recall, we reported on how Windows Phone 7 devices will be going out to developers soon and sure enough, that time has come.
Not only do they show more images of the phone, but they have some of the not-yet-finalized packing and even a sample shot from the camera. Their brief hands on is repeated verbatim below. Needless to say, developers must be getting excited at the prospect of using actual WP7 hardware. We know we can't wait.
- This is definitely still a prototype device, and there are still quite a few rough edges to be fixed. The device OS is still being updated with new builds almost every other day.
- Even the packaging and box is expected to be different before the final product ships. For example, the current box is not even using the correct Windows Phone 7 logo.
- Despite it’s prototype status, the phone appears to be more or less feature complete and incredibly responsive and fast. The animations are all very smooth.
- For the time being, you need a special build of the desktop Zune software (Dorado) to sync with the device; the current released version of desktop Zune software won’t work.
- The camera works pretty well, and the resulting photo is sharp, as you can see below:
[via Innovative Singapore; Thanks Jonathan!]