London Travel Live updated with augmented reality
London Travel Live is a useful app for those who either frequently roam London or are simply visiting for the day. Sporting useful features that guide users around the big smoke make it a requirement for anyone who doesn't wish to get lost. We last covered the app back in April when version 3.1 was released into the wild. Now we're back with news of 4.0 reaching Windows Phone owners.
The one feature that stands out in the changelog is augmented reality. This is functionality Nokia is implementing into its own navigation services, and it's good to see developers making the same leaps with their own apps. With the augmented reality experience, users will be able to pinpoint a station / location and ensure the correct transport link is reached.
So what else new in version 4.0?
- Tube status live tile updated every 15 minutes.
- Tube status toast notifications.
- Oyster balance and season ticket details.
- Oyster card live tile.
- Integrated TFL Journey Planner.
- Bus routes and bus stop information.
- Pin your bus route or bus stop to the start.
- Bus departure boards.
- Barclays Cycle Hire information.
- Pin cycle stations to the start.
- Live traffic map.
- Live tube departure boards.
- Tube Station facilities.
- Tube map and line maps.
- Pin the tube map to the start for quick access.
- Find your nearest tube stations and bus stops.
- Most information available offline.
- Supports Dark and Light Metro themes.
It is indeed quite a hefty update. One that will please many users.
We're impressed by the improvements applied to the app and believe London Travel Live is a must have for anyone thinking of using public transport in the capital. As an alternative, London Travel is also available for Windows Phone, which sports similar functionality.
You can download London Travel Live from the Marketplace for $0.99 (£0.79), which is currently half price so be sure to hurry if you wish to take advantage of the offer.